I have seen the incredible joy that comes by living the precepts of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in this life. I know that the Lord lives and that he continues to guide his children in these last days. He would not leave us alone in such trying times. I know that the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, came into this world and atoned for his sins so that we can overcome spiritual and physical death. I have felt his love. He has comforted me through hard times and strengthened me when I couldn’t do it on my own. He knows how to succor us and will open the door if we but knock. (Matthew 7:7-8, New Testament).
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Lord and was called of God. His story may seem unbelievable, but I have read the Book of Mormon, pondered its teachings, and prayed to my Father in heaven for confirmation. The Lord has testified to me through his spirit that these things are true, and I have felt it confirmed to me as I have made my feeble efforts to abide by His teachings.
This is the work of the Lord. I am so grateful that He has sent us prophets to lead us in these last days--to help us find the way to true and everlasting happiness. I am grateful for the scriptures which teach me what I should do and how I should act to have joy in this life. He loves us. I know that if we call on Him in prayer, He will hear us and He will answer our prayers in his own time and in his own way. But through exercising faith, we can draw nearer unto Him and He will testify to us the truthfulness of these things. He has done it for me and will do it for all of us, I so testify in his sacred name, the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.